Programme Outcomes and Programme Specific Outcomes
The law students at the time of graduation will be able to acquire the following capabilities. It represents the knowledge, skills and attitudes the students should have at the end of a course completion of their respective Law Course.
- Knowledge of Law: Student are equipped with the knowledge in the specific field of Law. To know the value of rights and duties as a citizen and to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broader context of legal change.
- Problem analysis: To interpret and analyse the legal and social problems. To work towards finding solution to the problems by application of laws and regulation. Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex legal problems reaching substantiated conclusions using the legal principles and appropriate law Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Critical Thinking: Take informed actions after identifying the problems, checking out the degree to which these problems are serious, and looking at our ideas and decisions from different perspectives.
- Ethics: To commit for professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of the established legal practice.
- Communication/ Mooting/ Drafting Skills: To explore the procedural Laws and to well verse in drafting and pleading. For the development of the practical skills it includes Speak, read, write, listen argue and present clearly in person and through electronic media in English, Hindi and Assamese to convince the concerned.
- Social Interaction: Elicit views of others, mediate disagreements and help to reach conclusions in group settings to promote community welfare.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES:
- Understand the basic concepts of Jurisprudence and philosophy of Constitution.
- To work for finding the solution to the problems by application of Laws and regulation.
- Analyze the relationships among Bar and Bench.
- Understand analytical and research skills to build their career.
- Expose to a variety of disciplinary approaches to legal study and on the complexity of legal practice.
- Understand the application of laws in the society and to incorporate social justice lawyering into their practice.
- Through presentation component in the form of seminar papers students learn to conduct research study and knowledge of particular topics of the presentation.
- Understanding of substantive and procedural law: Students will be able to explain and apply basic concepts, theories, procedures and rules of law.
- Students will be able to create efficient and productive research strategies.
- Environment and sustainability; understand the impact of legal solutions in environmental and societal context.
- Enhance the ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Legal analysis and reasoning including legal research, problem solving, written and oral communication in a legal context.
- Able to draft basic legal and other documents that are organized, responsive to the legal issue presented.
- Exercise of proper professional and ethical responsibilities to clients and the legal system.
Our college offered various programs such as BA.LL.B, LL.B and LL.M following are some of the course outcomes of the program of the competition-
- Judicial Services
- Practice of Law in Bar
- As prosecutors
- As Law Teacher/Lecturer
- As Law Clerk
- AS legal adviser in Law Farm
- Government Services
- AS Legal Officers in Public /Private Sectors
- Service in Corporate Sector etc.